Monday, April 1, 2013

MLB Preview Continued: Playoff Predictions


Alright, so I've posted my predictions for the regular season. Now it's time to get into my playoff picks.

AL Wild Card Play-In Game
I'm gonna pick the Blue Jays over the Rangers, even with the game being played in Arlington. I see the Jays going on a tear at the end of the year and being very hard to stop.

NL Wild Card Play-In Game
In a rematch of last year's play-in game, I take the Cards to win again. What I've learned from the playoffs the last two years is that you can never count the Cards out.

ALDS
Tigers vs. Blue Jays- I think the Blue Jays can get past the Tigers here. This one's gonna be close though. It's very hard to beat a team that has Justin Verlander in a five game series. I think we could see an upset here, but my gut's telling me that we'll see the Tigers advancing.
Angels vs. Rays- I'm taking the Angels in a tight series. The Angels lineup is just too stacked.

NLDS
Nationals vs. Cardinals- In a rematch of last year's playoff series, this could really go either way. The Nats are gonna be tougher to beat this year. They're another year older and more experienced. I'm torn with making this pick, but I say the Nats get past the Cards in a tight game 5.
Giants vs. Reds- I guess I have rematches of last year's NL playoffs forecasted. I think things will shake out differently though in both of these series. I think the Reds are gonna come back and show no mercy after last year. No way they let themselves get beat by the same team in the first round two years in a row.

ALCS
Tigers vs. Angels- I don't know if the Tigers have enough firepower to get past the Angels in a seven game series. I'd put my money on the Angels.

NLCS
Nationals vs. Reds- I think the Reds are more ready to make the next step than the Nats are. I'll take them in another tight series.

World Series
Angels vs. Reds- I think the Angels are the Heat of the MLB. They're just loaded with weapons and stars. Anything short of a World Series win this year should be a disappointment for them. It's not really fair that they can bring in all these guys when small market teams can't and I'm not encouraging or celebrating the fact they can spend like that, I just think that this is the team to beat. If I had to put money down, I would put it on the Angels. However, this is going to be a very interesting season and there are a lot of very good teams. We're going to see some great division battles this year, and I don't think my picks are safe at all. I think we're in store for a crazy season, and a crazy playoffs. I expect this year's playoffs to be as close as can be. I'm looking forward to great season, and I'm looking forward to writing about it all the way. Best of luck to your team and thank you for reading!

Let me hear your thoughts. Drop a comment below or write on my Facebook fan page. You can also tweet me @vellvita7.

No comments:

Post a Comment