Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A Thank You to You All and How You Can Help


First off, I just want to say thank you to everyone that has been reading and supporting me. A special thanks to those that have shared links to my articles or to the Facebook fan page. I will give shout-outs to whoever does that. A special thanks to Connor Rife and Anthony Sernus who posted the link to the fan page on their profiles. Grant Forsyth posted a link to my recent article about Kobe Bryant. Because of those people, more people are reading the blog and for that I am so grateful. The more people we can get on here, the better. I also want to thank everyone who has been messaging, commenting or texting me about this blog. Your kind words mean so much to me. You might not think it's a big deal, but to me it truly is. I take great happiness in knowing that you are enjoying what I'm posting.

As some of you know, yesterday was a monumental day in the short history of Viva La Vita. Before my "A Message to All High School Seniors" article went up, the record for views on one my articles was held at 122, on my March Madness Bracket Journal blog. Well I'm happy to say that you guys shattered that record yesterday when my article got up to 238 total views and even today people are still reading it. It was truly remarkable and unbelievable. Thank you all for reading that and I hope you take something away from it.

The next thing I would like to add is about something that is new to this blog. As you should have noticed, Viva La Vita now has ads on its page. I applied to Google Adsense and they accepted my application last week, which means that when people view my blog, I get some money. Now some of you might be thinking that I am selling out by doing this. I don't write this blog to make money. I talked about why I do this in my Blogging: Why I Do What I Do article. Right now I have an interest in journalism, and I want to explore the field. Writing blogs is something I love doing. They say you should work doing what you love. The way I view it is, if I can make a little bit of money for my writing, I will gladly take it. It isn't like I am charging anyone money to read this. If I can get some money from ads, maybe I will put out some ads of my own to get more people on this site. And who knows, maybe if I'm getting a good consistent amount of money every day, I can make this my summer job and be able to pour more in to this, enhancing the quality and quantity of my posts. I don't know.

But as I was saying, yesterday was a monument day in the short history of this blog. Because of all those views and ad clicks, I made an estimated $28.97 in advertisements. I was shocked when I saw the final number. A lot of you have been asking how the ads work and I don't exactly know. However, what I do know is that when people view my blog I get a bit of money, and I get more money if they click the ads. Again, to everyone that has been doing these things, I am so immensely grateful.

Some people have been asking how they can help and support this blog. The answer to that? Keep reading. Click on ads even if you have no intentions of doing anything with them after you click. Another huge way you can help is by promoting my blog. Sharing it with people. If you share a link to an article or to the fan page on your timeline, you are opening that up to your 300-1,000+ friends, or however many you have. The more exposure I can get, the more feedback I can get. I would love to be able to use this blog as a tool to help me with my future. As I said before, I'm interested in a career in journalism, and maybe I can use this blog to help me get in to a good journalism school. Or maybe I can use it to get a job in the future. You never know. So really, the more you share, the more you help. This isn't a cry for you to do that. I just wanted to address all the questions asking how you can help. One last way you can help is just telling me what you think about my blog. I want to honestly know how I'm doing.

Also, how can I help you? If there are ways for me to enhance this blog or help you in anyway, let me know. I also look at any requests for articles. Let me know what you want to see.

So again, THANK YOU SO MUCH. I feel so guilty and spoiled from the way you guys have been supporting me. I am greatly blessed with amazing friends, family and readers. Thank you to everyone. Keep it up. I love you all and I hope you are enjoying my blog. I have a lot of fun stuff lined up for you and I can't wait to do it all. Thanks again to everyone, and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment