Saturday, August 17, 2013

2 Guns Movie Review


Alright, so it's been a while since I wrote my last movie review. My last movie review was Grown Ups 2, which was released July 12, so it has been a while. That was the last movie I've seen in theaters, and for that I apologize.

So I remember first reading about this movie about a year ago. Mark Wahlberg is my favorite actor, and I loved the idea of seeing him paired with Denzel Washington. I didn't exactly understand what the plot of this movie was going in. But I think it's better not really knowing. Because there are a lot of curve balls and plot twists. I'd suggest going in to this movie without watching the trailer. Let everything be a surprise.

Because of the plot twists, this movie is a bit sloppy. You aren't going to watch this movie and say, "Wow, that was a masterpiece!" It simply isn't that.

The first half hour of the movie is pretty slow. Like I said, it's a little confusing too. But, once things pick up and you get a better understanding of what's going on, this movie is pretty cool and it keeps you interested.

A good amount of critics gave this film negative reviews. It's because it's an action movie and not much more than that. Critics oftentimes want it to be more than an action movie. There isn't more to this movie than that. But, it's a really cool action movie!

Denzel and Marky Mark work very well together. You love seeing them interact and they make a great team. There's also some decent comedy in this movie too. The guys are good together, and they'll have you laughing at times. I would love to see these guys work together again in a more serious film.

This film is directed by Baltasar Kormákur, who also directed Contraband, a Mark Wahlberg action crime thriller from 2012. It's got a bit of a similar feel to Contraband, however this one's less serious and more fun. Something I will say about this movie is it's a lot like other Mark Wahlberg movies. If you like Mark Wahlberg and films like Shooter and Contraband, then you will really like this movie. But if you don't like Mark Wahlberg or those movies, this won't be the film to win you over.

While this movie has its flaws, I think it's a good time and it is a fun August flick. It knows what it is, and it doesn't take itself too seriously. Once again, it's not a masterful movie, but that doesn't mean it's not enjoyable. I'll give this one a 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment